CrystalClear® AlgaeOff®

String Algae Remover

Subtitle: String Algae Remover
  • Immediately Removes String Algae
  • Works On Contact
  • Money Back Guarantee
  • EPA Registered Algaecide

  • Immediately Removes String Algae
  • Works On Contact
  • Money Back Guarantee
  • EPA Registered Algaecide
Buy Now
Option Item Product Label SDS
AlgaeOff® - 2.5 Pounds CC074-2
AlgaeOff® - 10 Pounds CC074-10
AlgaeOff® - 25 Pounds CC074-25
  • Overview
  • Usage
  • Videos
  • Customer Reviews

CrystalClear® AlgaeOff® utilizes the latest in oxygen technology to remove string algae quickly and efficiently.
CrystalClear® AlgaeOff® is an EPA registered, granular algaecide that works in seconds, adds oxygen to the pond, removes odor and is the only water treatment product on the market with a money back guarantee.

EPA Registration No.: 90185-3-83742

UPC:023796000597 – 2.5 Pound
UPC:023796000603 – 10 Pound
UPC:023796000610 – 25 Pound

CrystalClear® AlgaeOff® Dosage Rates
Surface Area
(In Square Feet)
(As Needed)
25 – 50 Square Feet 1/4 cup
51 – 100 Square Feet 1/2 cup
101 – 150 Square Feet 3/4 cup
151 – 200 Square Feet 1 cup
201 – 250 Square Feet 1-1/2 cups

When To Use AlgaeOff®

CrystalClear® AlgaeOff® can be used as needed. For best results use when algae is actively growing.

How To Use AlgaeOff®

Turn off water pumps and fountains before applying CrystalClear® AlgaeOff®. Apply granulars directly on to damp, infested areas. Let it set for 15-20 minutes before turning on pumps. Remove any debris after treatment and wait at least 48 hours if second treatment is required.

For liquid applications, please follow all label instructions. Due to solubility, AlgaeOff® is not as effective with this application method.

State Restrictions

CrystalClear® AlgaeOff® cannot be shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or Canada.

CrystalClear® AlgaeOff® – Product Video

Review Title
Review Content

An old man's easy fix

5 5 1
I have had a pondless water fall for several years and algaefix always kept the algae away. This year we have had a lot of rain and warm humid conditions. The algae really got bad no matter what I did. I looked at the u-tube ads and instructions, followed them using 2 1/2 pounds on both falls and the damp rocks. I sprinkled it like you would sugar on corn flakes. Because of the warnings, I sat there for 20 minutes to make sure no birds came into contact with the product. I turned the pump back on and hosed of the remaining product. I would estimate 80 to 90% of my algae was gone. While happy, I concluded that I would have to do another treatment in 48 hours because the powder was supposed to be rendered inactive 20 minutes after turning the pump on. Not so. In 2 days 100% was of my algae was gone. Needless to say, I won't be using anything but this product in the future. I'm 76 and lack stamina and energy and this was very easy to do. Because of balance issues, I had to be careful placing my feet to maintain balance. Otherwise is was very easy and gratifying to see the results.

Amazing Stuff

5 5 1
We have a pond on our property that is about 1/3 of an acre. It was originally built as a fishing pond, but had fallen into disuse over the years. It had turned into a big green carpet in the summer. This spring, we added aeration and some fish. But the green came back. I built a spreader/sprayer out of an old leaf blower and a bucket into which I would put a scoop at a time of material. I was a bit skeptical of my first day test, but came back the next day and -- wow! Amazing! I do wear a respirator while applying and then was my clothes afterward. And the fish? They're just fine.